Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Good and the Bad

So, the good news - I bought a house - it all went proper on Tuesday.

My Mum and I have been working on buying for a long time, and my friends were looking to sell. It just worked out that Mum and I managed to buy their house and they have got something else now too. It is in Lake Hawea and is a lovely wee place, not big but definitely cosy and a good location.
The bad - the whole worlds economy is taking a turn for the worse. The financial news keeps getting worse. We are protected from the day to day and I have only read things on the internet and watched CNN but it is not good reading!
Tomorrow they are laying off more people from work. At the moment it has just been one or two here and there; a couple of obsolete departments. Now we are going to see some large cuts and it is going to hurt. Out of our 1500 employees we could easily lose 300 or more. I don’t know how well the town is going to cope with this. There are definitely going to be expats going. All I hope this is enough to keep the place floating while the world goes mad.

1 comment:

Raúl said...

m gusta mucho tu blog lo visito a diario visita el mi y si t gusta deja un comentario y nos enlazamos los blogs