Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mum's here and fire

On an exciting note, Mum has arrived! She is currently sitting at home relaxing and doing a jigsaw puzzle… She is learning fast. Everyone says - how are you? Then the next question - how do you like Armenia? (answer: oh, I am fine, Armenia is very nice) The more you gush the more people like you in return! I will definitely write more about her visit soon...

We had a fire in our floor at work last week and so now we are without power, it looks like it isn't going to be fixed fast - the fire was caused because the wiring is old and there is no earthing, neutrals etc. The wires are not even in conduit, the wires are just plastered straight into the walls... The whole lot is being rewired now... Funny how something bad has to happen before they finally get around to fixing stuff. I guess there is so much to fix here...

All the people on my floor are refugees, trying to find a power point in some other part of the company, trying to find a desk to borrow for a short time, trying to get some work done. It is difficult for us but this is even worse when there are some people around who are refusing to allow people to sit at the empty desks in their offices. I love the cooperation and team work here. Grrr. I don’t think that people seem to realize that we are all working for the same common objectives.
I am starting to think I might bring some bad luck with electricity as I have already set fire to my apartment once, fried my computer, melted various cables and other bits and now had a fire in the wall of my office…

No comments: